Monday, April 7, 2014

Life: Better than Blogging

Pretty much since I've been able to pick up a pencil I have loved writing. There is just something about sitting down and jotting down information whether it's my own opinion or someone else's story that just calms my nerves and gives me a purpose.

Until now.

Don't get me wrong, I still love writing but it's really hard for me to stick to a routine of blogging when there is SO much going on in our lives. For starters, I've been working on me. Being a stay at home mom has been more difficult than I thought so I've started including some "Momma time" during my day. I started attending a Bible study at our church and am really enjoying the fellowship with so many ladies from different backgrounds. I've also been working out. At first it was to lose weight and get myself in shape, but it turns out I am really just enjoying the endorphin high post-workout.



Don't worry--I haven't completely abandoned my kids. Now that the weather is getting nicer I can finally take Thomas outside without worrying about James being too cold. We've made a few trips to the Savannah Rapids and walked along the canal. It's not exactly a calorie-burner since Thomas walks at the speed of smell, but it is nice to get outside, even if it does involve inhaling mass quantities of pollen. Most of our walk involves picking up rocks and tossing them in the canal. Not to mention the occasional selfie.





This weekend we took a trip up to Liberty, SC to visit Brian's family. It was great to see everyone and for James to meet his aunt, uncle and cousins for the first time. Brian's sister Lorie had a baby around James' due date. It was neat to have the two of them together for the first time. I'm sure they'll be getting into lots of mischief together over the years.


We also got to experience one of those moments that makes gives me goosebumps on goosebumps and tears well up in my eyes--four generations of Brian's family got to take a photo when James visited with his great grandfather. Papa King has not been doing so well and was just released from rehabilitation about a week and a half ago. I was so happy that we got this photo of the four of them, and I can't wait to get it in a frame in our living room.


Most of the weekend was filled with outdoor fun since we had such great weather up until Sunday night when the bottom fell out of the sky for nearly 24 hours. I leave you with some final snapshots of the sunny side of our trip, including the beautiful portrait Jason drew of me. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment