Sunday, July 13, 2014

Summer Lovin'

I have been completely MIA and not just from blogging. I feel like life has just been flying by me! The past few weeks have been a blur with all of our summer activities. I can't believe that this week will be the middle of July. It feels like Memorial Day was this past weekend. Oh no, wait, that was just Independence Day.

Our biggest news of the summer is that James had his springs removed!! YAY! We went in for surgery on June 26 and everything went great. No overnights in the PICU and a fairly smooth recovery at home after a one-night stay at the hospital.


Thomas has been my busy little bee. A week after participating in his very first VBS, he participated in his first soccer camp at our church. He had a blast, although drop-offs were a little rough some days. This past week and next week are swim lessons for Little Man. If you read my post about our swimming debacle then you know swimming has not been an easy one, but now I'm scared he is going to start growing gills.


This summer has been interesting for me personally as well. I decided to take not one, but two bible studies with our women's ministry. Both are challenging me in ways that I never thought possible. I feel more spiritually sound than I have in almost a decade. The past three years have been very difficult for me, and I am finally learning to have peace and assurance that God has something planned despite all of this brokenness.

I saw this quote on Facebook over the Fourth of July weekend and am clinging to it as my new favorite verse.



Speaking of the Fourth, check out this cutie-patootie.



All in all we are having a great summer. I am exhausted but the kids are having a blast and that's all that matters.

Now, will someone bring me a cup of coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment