Saturday, June 28, 2014

Low Carb White Chicken Chili

Chili has always been a favorite of mine. When looking for healthier options for some of my favorite meals, I discovered White Chicken Chili. Actually after I started making this I have pretty much decided not to go back to regular ground beef chili unless I just really have a craving for it.



Low Carb White Chicken Chili
Ingredients:
3 15 oz. cans white beans
1 pound chicken breast
1 5 oz. can green chiles
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tsp of coriander
4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper to taste

The best way I have found to cook chicken breast is in the crock pot for 3-4 hours on high. By the time it is finished, it will be falling apart--a great sign to good chicken! Shred the cooked chicken and combine with beans, chiles, tomato sauce, chili powder, coriander and broth in large pot. Stir ingredients well and place on stove on medium-high heat until contents begin to boil. Add cheese and cut heat down to low. Once the cheese is melted, it's ready to serve!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment