Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Grilled Salmon and Sauteed Veggies

Getting a home cooked meal on the table some days is difficult. Getting a healthy meal on the table is almost laughable. I really do strive to give my family the healthiest meals but there are times when a drive-thru run or something with the word "nugget" in it is about all I can do.

This weekend I made a great grilled salmon and sauteed veggies that were incredibly easy and didn't take a lot of time. First, I warmed my grill to about 375 degrees. While I waited, I wrapped about four ounces of salmon in aluminum foil. If you don't have a scale, four ounces is roughly the size of your palm. I did four ounces for each person. After the grill was warm I placed the wrapped salmon on the grill and left it for about 25 minutes. We left our salmon "naked," but you can certainly add your favorite spices or a few squeezes of lemon. Diced tomatoes are also a great addition!

While the salmon sizzled on the grilled, I sliced up one zucchini and several mushrooms. In a medium frying pan I circled some EVOO around the pan twice and set to medium high heat. Once the pan was warm, I sauteed the veggies for about 5-10 minutes. I like my veggies cooked pretty well so mine are a little dark, but you can always go a little lighter if you prefer.

I was pretty stuffed just from this but a sweet potato would have been a great healthy starch to add for those with a bigger appetite.


No comments:

Post a Comment